Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

Halloween was a big hit here yesterday. Don dressed up in his 1970's basketball player costume and I was a devil. Logan was the cutest firefighter eva. He came to my work party with me and was inexcusably overlooked by the costume contest judges. He had a good time nonetheless and spent some quality time with my boss while I ate chili. When we went back to my building to change into regular clothes Hoagie explored my very unbaby-proofed office.

DSC01927.JPG

In the evening Auntie H came over to check out Logan in all his cuteness. After she left our neighbors came over to give out candy to the trick-or-treaters while we were out with the boy. I think we got maaaaaybe eight trick-or-treaters all night long. What a sad decline from our last place where we would run out of candy. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Next year we are going to have to do something drastic to attract kids to our street. I am thinking a fog machine and giant spiders. Something spooky...

Anyway, Logan really enjoyed going house to house, though he can't say trick-or-treat and he thought that people opening their front doors meant that he could walk right into their houses. Oops. We did all the participating houses on our block and met quite a few nice neighbors. Then Don and I stayed up much to late chatting with the neighbors who handed out the candy for us and we are certainly paying the price today. Oh well, it was worth it.

Here is Logan dressed up, trick-or-treating, and our pumpkins...

DSC01933.JPG

DSC01930.JPG

DSC01923.JPG

DSC01918.JPG

1 comment:

Jen said...

So cute! (And yes, sadly appropriate.)