Thursday, February 22, 2007

A little from column A, a little from column B

First, Evite does not recognize the word evite in its spell check. Doesn't that seem odd?

Second, not to jinx things as it can all fall apart at any time, buuuuuuuut, the condo is in escrow! That's right, I said ESCROW!!!!!!!!!! Hooray! 30 days till close. Gulp! We are all wildly excited and hopeful (cautiously optimistic) here at casa Masse-Brown.

Third, Nana will be pleased to hear that Logan is doing "Soooooooo big!" like a champ! We didn't do it for a while so it was like teaching him from scratch, but he got it! And now he loves it. I will take a video soon. We are now working on identifying where his nose is. It is slow going...

Fourth, the last boss I had at JNI (I had soooo many bosses there) passed away yesterday. Not long ago he was a healthy man in his mid 50s. He went in about a year and a half ago for a routine colon operation and ended up with contamination from the procedure. He endured 7 months of surgeries and rehab, and seemed to be on the road to recovery. Unfortunately he had some serious issues around Christmas time and went downhill fast. I hadn't spoken with him since I went to a reunion thing a while back, so I never saw what he looked like after his medical battles. I am glad I have a vital image of him in my mind. My heart goes out to his family, who has certainly been through more than I can ever imagine.

No comments: