Friday, December 05, 2008

Is it really December?

Because really, I have seen two butterflies in the last week. Butterflies! Very pretty yellow ones. We also have hibiscus (a mother's day present that has been wonderful), purple sage, iris, and jade blooming. Oh, and I am looking out my office window and there is the most gorgeous fuchsia rose blossoming right now. I also see barbed wire fence, so don't get too jealous. That is not to say it hasn't cooled off some, I actually need a sweatshirt in the mornings and evenings.

So clearly, I am still here. I will check in on the blog often, so you all know the latest and greatest news. Lucky you! I have a midwife appointment this afternoon, but I don't expect anything new to come out of it. I have asked Logan a bunch of times if this new babe is a boy or a girl and he always says girl. Hmmmm... I am having very strong boy feelings, so who knows. Don has no intuition either way (surprise surprise). Even though Logan says it is a girl, he also insists he wants a brother. I tried to tell him both was a bit of a stretch, but he wouldn't listen. Hee hee!

A few Logan-isms for fun...
  • He happily tells anyone when out and about he is wearing his "new super fast brown shoes." Ah new shoes, they are wonderful, aren't they?
  • When he wakes up from sleeping and I go in to get him from his room he always tells me "I can't sleep anymore" and will not believe me that he just woke up from a long nap. Uh, ok.
  • My lovely boss P gave him some new cars, one of which is a tar covered L!ghtening Mc.Queen. He makes up elaborate scenes with these new cars including a dramatic fall into a cactus patch like the movie. So cute!
  • I am no longer Mommy. Yes, my not-even-3-yr-old is calling me Mom. Don is Dad. Wha? I thought I had years before he would make the switch. Though yesterday he would only call me Mama, I think this was just a fluke. I am still no where near ready for Mom.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Us too! Natalie started calling us
"Mom" within the last 6 weeks... so weird! It's not all the time - and when she does it she still has this ridiculous grin like she knows she's doing something she's not supposed to - but STILL! I did not expect this so soon!

Congrats for 37 weeks and counting!