Friday, June 01, 2007

TGIF

Friday, sweet Friday. I can hardly wait to have Logan crawl all over us in bed tomorrow morning, that is one of my favorite parts of the day.

We are set for a wild weekend of stucco repair, so I think that means I will be watching Logan while Don curses endlessly at our outside wall. Please cross your fingers that it turns out well and actually matches what is currently there. I am slightly nervous that it will look "patchy."

Logan has started saying "thank you." Well, we recognize the words, but I am not sure they are decipherable to anyone who isn't in the know. It is so neat to hear him learning new things. His favorite books right now are 5 little ducks and the wheels on the bus. Really, anything with singing. I think he tries to sing every once in a while, but for the most part is a very attentive and appreciative listener.

In big milestone news, we are no longer bouncing the kid on the exercise ball to get him to sleep. My back is all messed up from holding him on it because he is so big. I think parental pain is as good a reason as any to ditch the ball. Last night I rocked him in the chair while he drank his milk and then put him down awake. I had no expectations for immediate sleep, but I was pleasantly surprised by his ability to drift off completely on his own. Hooray! I seriously thought this day would never come. I mean, I dreamt about it for sure, but the reality? Never.

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow. Wish me luck, I think I would rather gnaw my hand off than attend, but I said yes before thinking. I like all those who will be there, I just hate baby showers. And the games. Ugh, don't get me started...

1 comment:

M. said...

Wow, glad you were able to dump the yoga ball. I'm getting scared now. Finn is pretty "addicted" to being bounced to sleep on it and he's already killing our backs with his mere 12 pounds!

Logan is getting cuter and cuter all the time. : )