Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The latest

Ah! So much to report. I will do bullets so I don't miss anything...
  • Logan has figured out how to spin around and make himself dizzy. It is pretty funny, especially when he tries to do it sitting down.
  • On Thursday nights La Mesa holds an old car show right off our street. Last week was the first one and it was so cool! We ran into another family from the neighborhood and it was fun to hang out with them for a bit. They have a"wagon" that looks like an old VW Bus. It is really neat, but looks like a workout to pull around. Logan was kind of serious as he took it all in.

    2007 06 11 019
  • We walked to a co-worker's house on Friday just to see the outside. She was out front and was kind enough to invite us in -- it is AMAZING. So neat with a mish-mash of funky styles. We also met her whole family as they all come over on Fridays for dinner. We were invited to stay, but Logan had skipped his afternoon nap and we feared a spectacular meltdown that would leave us permanently uninvited so we declined. I am happy to say that we will be going back very soon.
  • The stucco repair is done! Hooray! Don cranked it out like a champ and it looks nice. He said he swore a lot, but we couldn't hear him so I don't think it counts.
  • This blog is officially a year old. Oh, how time flies. I can't believe I have stuck with this, I thought it might fall by the wayside when I first started. Glad it is a source of information for those of you far, far away.
  • I talked with S on the phone last night! It was great and we had much catching up to do. As usual it was like we just talked yesterday. Lucky for Don she lives far away or I might just ditch him and marry her instead (of course we would have to move to MA).
  • Logan puked twice yesterday. That kid has a strong gag reflex. Figures, I can barely tolerate puke, so this is the universe telling me to get over myself. Or not let him put so much in his mouth.
  • We saw the craziest scene when walking around Lake Murray last weekend. We came upon a lizard on the path and a squirrel a few feet away. I stopped to look at the lizard and Don noticed a baby rattlesnake inches away in the grass. A small creature trifecta! I took a picture with my phone, but didn't get the squirrel. You will just have to believe it was there, and evidently only around to witness some drama. Silly rodent.

    Lake_Murray_Drama

2 comments:

Hope said...

Just to keep the deppelganger-ness going, Quinn puked on Friday and Saturday. Twice in the car on the way home. That's why this ( http://flickr.com/photos/hopemcg/543270697/ ) happened. BAD NEWS!

Glad the stucco got done. We want to see pictures. Especially of the hard parts so that we can be suitably impressed.

OMG - Rattlesnake!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year blogging!!! Yay!!

& I echo Hope- RATTLESNAKE?!?! ahhh!!