Friday, October 13, 2006

The most wonderful time of the year

Oh, autumn, how I love thee! I really miss fall so much. Here it is just a (sometimes) cooler extension of summer. Not that I am complaining. Really that is why we moved here. But I am sad that Logan will never grow up with memories of flaming leaves and a crisp smell in the air. Of turtlenecks, apple cider, halloweens with winter coats over his costume, frost covering the tips of the green grass, raking piles of leaves and jumping in them. (Truth be told, I hate raking, and there were always too many bugs and spiders in the leaves for me to enjoy jumping in them, so that one is just popular culture nostalgia.) We are going to a pumpkin patch this weekend to take some pics and purchase an overpriced pumpkin. I already have two large ones and one baby one, so this one will be the last. I love lining them up on the steps.

Pic from 2 years ago, these really freaked out the neighborhood kids so last year we made them happier...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I leave you with two autumn quotes that fill my heart with longing for this magical time of year.

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

No comments: