Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New name, new reality

Still alive, hanging in, and feeling totally overwhelmed with the stuff that needs to be recorded for posterity here on the old blog.

First, it was getting pictures off the camera, onto the computer, edited, named, uploaded to flickr, and then posted here. Do you see all those steps? Anyone who knows me can see this process is fraught with pitfalls. Too many places to get tangled up and abandon ship. But I did manage to get a few...

baby & L

P1000020

Hello tiger

And I even took a belly shot the day before giving birth so this girl wouldn't think she didn't come from me. I can very much assure her that she did in fact grow in me...

2008 12 31 166

Then it was coming up with a new name. Not sold on what I came up with, but it will do for now. 

So the nutshell version is that I had a very quick labor and delivery (if you don't count the all-day contractions the Thursday before she was born), we got into the birth center no problem, and she was here before we even had time to fret. Mostly. We were home by noon on Sunday and the wonderful and magnificent H was then free to go home after watching Logan while we were in the birth center. 

I have had loads of help - my parents are here through January and Don's mom just left after staying a week. Don is off until the last week in January and Logan is still going to Ms. T's 2-3 days a week. When I am alone with the baby I wonder why I ever thought it was hard to have just Logan. Of course I had no *freaking* clue what I was doing when L was little and A is a very easy baby thus far (knock on wood) so the comparison isn't fair. I have yet to watch the two kids on my own and I am seriously wondering how that is going to work out. Thankfully I have time before I have to deal with that scenario.

So yeah. Christmas was good, plentiful, and seemingly never-ending. New Years Eve was nice and low-key. We got a Wii and we are totally loving it. I think that sums it up! Ha!

Next up... Logan starts telling jokes. So dang cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad for an update. LOVE the photos!!