Saturday, January 31, 2009

6, 7, and 10.5

Aurora is 6 weeks old today and currently weighs in at 10.5 lbs. She is gaining like a champ, basically putting on a half a pound a week. Go kiddo go! She really is an easy baby and has begun to stretch out her night time sleep. She went 7 hours one night and regularly goes 5 hours now. Why do I still feel so tired?

I haven't gotten photographic evidence yet, but today she began smiling. Reproducible, cute, amazing smiles. She flashed one at Logan this morning and then at the ceiling fan and Grammy later on. What is it about babies and ceiling fans?

Logan also had a big day, he got a HAIRCUT. And that is in all caps because it is so short. I told the lady that I wanted to keep a lot of length on top, but she just kept going. Ah well, hair grows. I don't hate it, but it will certainly take some getting used to. It is better than it was before I took him in though, it was looking truly yuck.

My parents leave in less than 48 hours and I am really going to miss them. They have helped us (me especially) out so much both in general and with the kids that it will be a totally different experience when they are gone. I need to get into a routine of some sort, so that I get out of the house and see other people during the day. Otherwise I may go crazy. Or spend all our money at Target.

No comments: