We packed up what felt like our entire apartment on Sunday and made it here in time to see the Eagles pull it out in the 4th quarter. Hoagie went swimming the next morning and definitely enjoyed himself. Don's parents arrived and we just relaxed for the rest of the day. Tuesday saw more swimming and a trip to the top of the San Jacinto Mountains on a rotating aerial tram. So crazy to go from desert to wooded forest in 15 minutes. Yesterday we went to Joshua Tree (the long way, thanks Google) and climbed around on the big big rocks. Today is shopping at the best. outlets. ever.
A few firsts this week:
- Talking to the Brown family with the web cam, Hoagie looooved seeing Great Grammy Brown
- Sunburn. Thought I covered him completely. I was wrong.
- Spreading arms wide as a response to "How big is Logan.... sooooooo big!" Very cute. A Nana trick.
- Creeping. All over the place, and very proud of himself, thank you very much.
- Forehead bruise shaped like Harry Potter's scar. Procured within minutes of arriving. Way to go Mom.
So here are a few pics to verify we are in fact on vacation and this isn't some bizarro ruse to trick you into thinking we left San Diego.