Friday, December 22, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

So the crawling is just the beginning. We had to lower the crib asap because the boy pulled up (pulled up I tell you!) on the crib rail. My baby is growing up! Waaaaaaa! He is really pulling up on everything. Me, the coffee table, the neglect-o-saucer, and unfortunately the magazine rack. Hence the baby proofing below...

taped wall

I left the room for 15 seconds (litterally, I swear!) and didn't realize the extent of the pulling up. Mostly because it started with the magazine rack. Not so good because it was unsupervised and he ended up with a bump to the noggin. Now there is an eraser sized bruise as a result. A bruise on my unblemished only child. *sigh* Hoagie falls off the friggin' (sorry Dad, but the term is justified) bed, and gets nothing. One inoppertune bump today--and a bruise.

Also, he is learning how to use a sippy cup. A new era!

learning the sippy

In the sink, as my mom suggested. Much easier clean up.

He loves our new dirt d*vil electric broom almost as much as me, as he followed me around as I swept this afternoon. Soooo cute! And he is following us into the kitchen from the living room. A nice bonus.

He is really into solid foods now, and is eating chunks of banana and avocado. He is interested in broccoli, so we will steam that at our next meal. So neat to see the progression.

Honestly? This whole process is so much more amazing than I could have imagined. Yes, there are annoying times (like the constant whining for a bit this afternoon, I swear that noise is designed to penetrate to your core), but overall, it is just the coolest thing I have ever participated in or witnessed.

That said, I am DYING for a date night with my husband. My parents arrive next week and we are sooooo looking forward to the babysitting. Thanks mom and dad!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

date night=good. i'm glad you and don will have some time to yourselves finally. babysitting--another thing that if columbus was closer than the 5-6 hour flight, we'd be thrilled to do.

now if you could tell logan to explain to quinn how to work the sippy cup......

happy babyproofing! we've got a long way to go in that area-it's overwhelming the number of things that she keeps getting into. sigh.

M. said...

Oh my gosh, can I just say that little L is getting cuter by the minute? I can't believe how big he is already. Hope you all have beautiful holidays this year!