Monday, September 29, 2008

Unexpected rain

Any day that starts out with unexpected rain is a happy one for me. September is dry here, as in I can't actually recall the last time we had any sort of precipitation fall at our house, so free watering is delightful. In fact, I thought Don was rolling a trash can or something down our the side of our house the sound was so unfamiliar. A far cry from our roots.

All is well here. Logan and I got sick last week and he was better within a day or two. I am still battling a nasty cough, but feeling 100% better. Not to be a total complainer, but the pregnant + parent + sick combination really stinks. And Don was gone 3 nights last week instead of his normal 2, so it was not easy. But, things are looking up and I have my fingers crossed that we don't get anything too terrible in the next 10-12 weeks. And beyond really. Ha! Not likely.

Logan had a great weekend with some recently acquired craigslist goodies. I found a playhouse and 4-5 big toy trucks for insanely cheap. All he wanted to do during the day was play with the trucks. We washed them, filled them up with mulch, and drove them all over. He also "grilled" lots of "hot dogs" in his new house.

Sunday we went to breakfast and he was feeling a little antsy at the end of the meal. He looked at me and said "OJ will my all feel better" which translates to OJ will make me feel all better. *so cute*

No comments: